Sunday 16 January 2011

My 4m Radios. Here is a selection of radios that I use on 4m.



Yaesu FT-847.
The Yaesu FT-847 is a All Mode HF/6m/4m /2m and 70cms radio.
It runs 100 watts on HF/6m,50 watts on 2m and 70 cms but only runs 15 watts on 4m.
I mostly use this radio on 2m and 70cms but have a folded dipole on it for local chatter and keeping an ear in case 4m SSB comes alive.



Anytone AT-5189.
The Anytone AT-5189 is now my main stand alone FM 4m radio, I use this on a Sirio CX-4-68 vertical antenna. This radio runs 45 watts on high power and along with the height and gain of the antenna it is a great stand alone 4m radio and an ideal way of keeping an ear on the 4m band.


Ascom SE-550.
The Ascom SE-550 up to recently was my main 4m stand alone 4m radio for scanning the band. This is now in use in my second shack,with an output power of 25 watts this is still a great radio with various functions and good extended receive.
Maxon.
This Maxon I bought on eBay a few years ago and was the radio which got me back on the 4m band. It has a total of 16 channels and a power of 25w. 

Simoco PRM8010.
These Simoco's are a great way to get started on 4m, they run 25 watts and can be bought very cheaply on eBay etc. They can have various amount of channels programed on them depending on the eprom.This one has 16 channels on 4m. It is a nice, no frills very reliable radio.I always have at least one around the shack which I use for 4m mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment