Tuesday 31 May 2011

Very interesting extract from CQHQ website by GW7AAV.


"Recently I had two unsolicited emails from separate sources telling me they had seen a pre-production dual band multi-mode rig for 50 and 70MHz. That again seemed too good to be true. I had assumed they were referring to the rig we already heard of, but apparently I was wrong because a few days ago a message on the Four Meter Website forum from Rob Van Den Ent PE9PE announced; “I’ve seen the design of a new Dual Band All mode CW, FM and SSB Transceiver for 50 and 70MHz”. The Transceiver may be ready for release by August or September and it is not being made in China. The only other information Rob has imparted is that it does not have AM and its size is similar to that of the Icom IC-718 (which is 240x95x239mm) , so a compact base rig rather than a mobile."


No comments:

Post a Comment