Thursday 27 August 2015

28/70MHz transverter by Richard G6AKG .


I've finished my 28/70MHz transverter, later than I would have liked but I've been busy with other things.



Good news is a nice clean 12W output on 70MHz, with the second harmonic 40 dB down. Other sprogs noted at 84MHz are better than 40dB down too. The receive sensitivity is similar to that of the drive transceiver on 28MHz. However, there is a slight frequency skew in transversion of 6kHz but I can live with that for now.



Thanks to Serge UT5JCW of the Transverter Shop for his prompt help with technical queries.



So what next? Tackle putting LSB mode on PRS 320 manpack transceiver or finishing my QRP 30m beacon?
Added extras besides the two DPDT relays are the 30dB power attenuator on the left and small PCB, at the bottom of the picture, which is an RF activated switch option for the change over relay. The diecast box is an original Eddystone type purchased cheaply at a QRP Rally and the heat sink is from a scrapped single PCB industrial computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment