Wednesday 11 November 2015

EI4FMG on Test.


Here is a photo of EI4FMG on test at my QTH, at the minute I can put it on Beacon mode giving it's call sign in CW every 10 minutes, however I am still having trouble getting it to receive.
The radio is fine, in that I can hear people calling in on the frequency through the front speaker on the Motorola GM-340 but there is no receive audio back to the computer so Echolink cannot hear the audio.
When I have the Gateway connected to Echolink and people connect I can hear them calling through but unfortunately they will not hear anyone coming back to them.
This issue has been perplexing  me for the last while, Richard our local  Techo-Nerd has been through the whole setup and had it working in the Dundalk Club last Wednesday..
I think I will have to have a look at the cable that connects the radio to the interface to ensure all wires are making a connection...
The next plan will be to replace the Motorola with a Simoco SRM9000 and see how that works out, but in the meantime, back to the drawing board, soldering iron at the ready and double check all solder connections on all the leads....

No comments:

Post a Comment